Drama and Performing Arts are studied at PCW as part of the curriculum, as well as additional performance opportunities being
available to all students.
Our Theatre-in-Education program across all levels includes:
- Year 7 Play performances at the end of the year
- Year 8 Monologue performances with the best performer crowned Drama Queen.
- Year 9 lunchtime performance series
- Year 10 – evening performance
- Year 11& 12 - evening performances
- Theatre visits to a variety of Melbourne’s renowned performance venues.
- Design & Improvisation workshops at The Malthouse (Yr 10 Theatre Studies)
CO-CURRICULAR PERFORMING ARTS
The School Musical is an annual combined event between PCW and CBC. All year levels are encouraged to audition and participate in
this wonderful event.
PCW holds a variety of productions during the year, including a collaboration between the
Drama and English faculties, drawing performers from Years 9 & 10. In 2008 the initiative
expanded to involve students from the ‘Writers Workshop’ having their work produced for stage.
Opportunities for PCW girls are also available to participate in the De La Salle production.